Monday, September 22, 2008

Sept 21 again, and Note from Dottie and Marie

Happy was there at the end, soon to be followed by Michael. I will be in charge with the arrangements, and will keep eveyone appraised as time goes on. Eastport Yacht Club had a mellow event this evening to celebrateTrappers life. Something tells me this is not the last of these events.

To follow us a note from cousin Dotttie and Marie in NYC.

Love,

Paul

Dear Paul and Amy,
Marie and I just learned the news from your blog. It surely happened faster than I expected, but that might be a blessing. Liver cancer is unforgiving and he suffered enough. I just hope you were able to let him know that we were thinking of him. Even though we are far away... I still remember a lot of the Lippincotts over my lifetime. Family is family.
Please check with the VA regarding benefits. He is entitled to a vault to cover the casket (if you have that kind of funeral) also a plot for himself and his wife, a headstone (engraved .. no cost) and military ceremony. Ours was disappointing .. just folded flag and taps... but they told me most of the men were on Bagdad duty.
Also the family is entitled to a certificate signed by the President which was degreed by former President Kennedy. We got ours. (no cost)
We are so very sad but he has gone to a place where there are lots of Lippincotts to greet him... I know our parents will be there.
Please let us know any information regarding the funeral.
Cousin Dotty

Paul, as I read through the blog I saw what an awesome advocate you were on your brother's behalf when he was no longer able to speak for himself. You did a wonderful job. It is a difficult role- one of the hardest and most important in life. I'm sure Alan was proud of you. My deepest sympathy --and my love to you and your family.
Cousin Marie

No comments: