Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Email and Pics from Charles and Tracie




Trap,
I want you to know how much you have meant to me over the years. When you first took us under your wing and packed us in the Vega and took us to the Riverton Yacht Club; when you tirelessly traveled from Oxford to Palmyra and back countless times in the Rabbit; when you showed us how to drop kick the football at Grand-Stan's; when you showed us that you could sink a floating bumblebee with a BB Gun from 15 feet (in one shot); you always showed us that power came from someplace other than your biceps; when you gave us a greater appreciation for the water and for sailing; when you shared the Cinnabar and the Star; when you showed us how to eat the solt shelled clams at Pier Street; when you showed us that a 9.9 HP on old Woody could make a true 2 knots into a stiff current and that the true joy was going for the ride not getting there; when you showed us how much food was stored within a chicken bone (ugh, never did get over that one); when you found the humor in sinking the Parmelee at the dock.... I may have grown up but I have never forgotten the acceptance, generosity and love that you showed Mike and me. In a time and situation when kids need love, Bulla, we were blessed to have crossed paths with you. When I am steaming towards the yellowfin tuna at the Canyon, when I am putting a eye splice or bowline made fast around a cleat, you will forever be on my mind and in my prayers. Thank you Trapper. I love you,
Charles

No comments: