Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gob Bless You Trapper

Dear Trap,

I know this note finds you well and that you had a peaceful sail home, But I feel like such a fool, I didn't know you would be leaving so soon. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. Once again you have shocked me. But that was your way wasn't it? You always knew where to find the right wind and that it would take you where you needed to be, whether the rest of us knew it or not. You did the right thing and I know you are happy now, but I miss you. I miss you terribly. I wasn't ready for you to go. Could I ever have been? Surely not, that's inconceivable. You meant too much to me.

I went to the Club tonight, just to feel you a bit. I haven't been there in months and didn't expect much without you there. I was wrong. You were everywhere. It was so touching to see your chair adorned with a spray of wheat grass and dusty miller tied across it with a black bow. Your chair is reserved forever. Juanita still has a scotch sitting there for you, just in case, and your friends were there comforting each other in your absence. It was weird - the moment so full of you and empty of you at the same time. Will I really not see you again? Is that possible? No, surely not.

We will be all be together again some day. In the mean time, you must know, I love you, I miss you and always will. But you are in the right place now, I know that. The comfort we can all take is that God now holds you in his arms and that you are warm and peaceful in safe harbor. Please save us all a place in the good seats for when we can join you.

With undying love,
Tantzi

No comments: