Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ding Free Regatta: From Peter Costa

The regatta was over at Milford, Ct. and for the first time in a long time I came away without any damage to my boat. You know the small stuff like dings from the docks and the like. Well, we all pulled the boats and some of us pushed them into the parking lot to give others room to get ready for the trip home. I was on my way to my car when I saw a Star boat rolling slowly down the incline toward my boat (which was on starboard tack) as it sat in the parking lot. I noticed Trapper trying to hold his boat back but he was just sliding on the crushed rock surface. After the port-starboard incident we both had a beer at the club and said, Sh*& happens. Almost a ding free regatta.

Trapper, your friends form the Boston Harbor Star Fleet send 12 to 14 kts of love and good vibes to you and hope to see you at the next regatta. We will lift a drink in your honor next weekend at the Star Master’s, North.

No comments: