Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Dad, Larger than Life

It's been about 3 weeks now and I still can't believe your gone. Not an hour has passed where I haven't thought about you and hardly a night goes by I haven't dreamed of you at least once. I miss you. I miss the hugs, laughs and the simultaneous sensation of your beard as it scraped my face and the smell of your old spice aftershave. You always smelled so good. You were always so clean. I guess it's time for me to accept and let go, but I can't seem to do it.

How could someone so strong be taken so fast. After all, Dad, you were Larger than Life. So, I will continue to improve myself and honor you by being the father my children deserve, the husband my wife deserves, the friend my friends deserve and the son you deserve. I know I should have made more time with you the past few years and I am sorry. I wish I could turn back the clock. I'll see you when I get there, Dad. Sail on.....

I also wanted to thank all who came to the celebration. Special thanks go out to you, Uncle Paul, for taking charge when I could hardly function. Also, Barbara Vosbury and the EYC staff. My brother, Michael Z. Thank you to Uncle Cool, Aunt Marilyn, cousins Davy, Carrie Marie, Jodi and Kimmi. Was so good to see you. Hope to see you all at the 4th of july reunion in Riverton with the rest of the Lippincotts.

-John Alan Lippincott-

No comments: